Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I have never.

i have never been introduced as a mormon like it was a bad thing.
tonight however changed that...
and i was hurt, but now, i'm rising to the occasion.
i was introduced as, "this is Alyssa, she's cute, but be warned, she's a mormon."
i wish that i could say it was said in a joking manner,
but this is no fairytale, this is college.
so can i just take a moment to tell you how i feel about being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?
im proud. i have never been more proud of anything in my whole life.
im proud to say that i know that i am a daughter of a Heavenly King.
i am forever indebted to my Father in Heaven, and all that he blesses me with.
and because of this gospel, i know i can live with my family forever.
and what comfort that brings.
i know that one day i can become like him.
i know that because of Joseph Smith, i can have the opportunity to be labeled as "a mormon."
im thankful for Jesus Christ, and what he did for me.
and i am thankful to know that when times arise like these, i can turn to my Lord and Savior for help, strength, and courage.
so, thank you room mates, for labeling me as a mormon. i must say, that i have never had an excuse to hold my head so high as i did tonight.
thank you for challenging me,
and thank you for giving me something to rise up to.
thank you for strengthening my beliefs in the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, to which i'm a member, and may it be known to the whole world.
because i'm proud to be a part of this glorious gospel.


1 comment: