Thursday, January 3, 2013

missing china

Today I got the most unexpected, yet most pleasant surprise since coming home from china. My two roomies came and visited me at work! I haven't seen them nor anyone else from china since coming home. As I hugged them I felt my china memories rushing back to me and suddenly it was real all over again. Lately China has seemed so far and distant and quite honestly, I have felt like it didn't even happen. Today changed all of that. I have thought about China all day long, and the people I met there, as well as the experiences had. There is a lot about China that I don't miss, but there is so much that I do miss. my babies for example. Suddenly this crushing despair of not ever seeing them again hit me once more. I think that I have shoved these feelings down for a while now, and now here they are, biting me in the butt. And hard. I miss my babies. All 48 of them. I have never loved any one like I have grown to love these kids. They brightened my day, nearly every day. Another really hard thing is that they probably don't even remember "teacha Aliiissa" any more. I'm missing it. Missing them.






1 comment:

  1. They remember you, Lyss. At least they remember all that you've done for them and that's important too. Glad you had such a great time and now have so many great memories! You're beautiful, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete